Our Teaching Staff
Conoce Nuestras Maestras
Señora Clara Elena Hargreaves
Señora Clara was born in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic and immigrated to New York at the age of 7.
- Graduate of Syracuse University
- Taught English for 7 years in Japan
- 2007-2016: head teacher at Caminitos
- 2016-present: Educational Assistant with Edmonton Public Schools 2016 to present
Señora Clara finds teaching little ones fun and rewarding. She takes delight in seeing them learn. She assists the children by:
- creating fun routines for the niños to get involved in
- engaging them in learning through exploration by implementing numerous learning centers for all the niños to enjoy together
- expanding upon the curriculum with exciting themes and their related vocabulary
- adding field trips, physical activities and more
She is always looking for new activities by tirelessly searching the internet for ideas to improve upon.
Señora Nelly Rosende
Señora Nelly was born in Chile and immigrated to Canada in 1977.
- 2000-2003: Teaching Heritage Languages at Grant McEwan and U of A
- 1986: Latinamericana Social Services - ESL Instructor for Seniors
- 1996-2003: Escuela Latinamericana Gabriela Mistral, Spanish Instructor of children in Level 4
- 1996-Present: Private tutor Spanish/English
- 2014: Early childhood Teacher Assistant
- 2014-2016: Caminitos Spanish Playschool - Teacher Assistant
- 2016-present: Lunch Supervisor, Voluntary Teacher Assistant
Señora Nelly, in general, likes teaching to see people learn, grow, and discover their potential.
She has always been around kids coming from a family of 9 children. She enjoys the hugs and smiles from the children she supervises and teaches. It lets her know she is doing the right thing. Her granddaughter went to Caminitos, and she wants to continue that tradition for other families.